Here is a list of 8 low maintenance trees for your yard
Planting low-maintenance trees in your yard allow you to relax more than working in the front or back yard. We have put together a list of the best low-maintenance trees to transform your yard into a comfortable and relaxing space.
- If you live in an area with a warmer climate that receives abundant sunlight, jacaranda is one of the best choices for your large outdoor yard. Jacaranda trees have excellent drought tolerance and are resistant to pest infestations and diseases.
The trees have striking lavender and blue flowers that look marvelous in the sun. However, jacaranda trees should not be planted near water features or patios. The leaves and flowers can fall on into these areas, creating a need for cleanup. But when grown in ample space, the leaves can be mown.
Sea Grape Tree
- Grown as a small tree, sea grape is a versatile plant native to Florida. It can be grown in full sun or partial shade. Since it is tolerant to drought, salt, and wind, sea grape is an excellent choice for the coastal environment. It can be pruned to define its shape and size or left untrimmed to take a natural form.
- Frangipani is another beautiful choice for a back or front yard tree. It produces abundant flowers in a sunny environment; It is easier to maintain and does not create any mess. Frangipani is a fast-growing tree that grows well in most soil types. However, well-drained soils are ideal for growing this tree. It can tolerate long periods of drought.
- Japanese maple can brighten up any landscape with its delicate branches and vibrant foliage. It has several varieties that provide year-round interest. Japanese maple trees can grow well across most climates except for extremely hot or cold regions.
They can adapt to various soil types and are exceptionally low-maintenance. In addition, they can quickly grow in different light conditions.
- Crepe myrtles are preferred as landscape plants because of their long summer blooming period. They have vibrant pink, white, and red flowers, as well as beautiful foliage. Crepe myrtles are drought-tolerant and continue to bloom through harsh conditions. They can survive in heat and humidity. They are incredibly low-maintenance and require only yearly pruning.
- Redbuds are known for their beautiful spring flowers. They are resistant to heat, drought, insects, and diseases. They are an ideal choice for low-maintenance yard trees.
Since they are medium-sized trees, they can be conveniently grown in smaller yards. Redbud trees are available in different varieties with bright yellow, deep red, or tricolored foliage. They form an umbrella pattern for a lovely shade.
Purple Leaf Plum Tree
- It is one of the most commonly used ornamental trees used in landscaping. Although it produces a small and insignificant number of seeds, it is considered a fruitless tree. It has deep purple foliage from spring through fall.
Purple leaf plum tree has white, delicate flowers that bloom in early spring. This tree is well-suited for small yards as it grows up to 15 feet in height.
Green Giant Arborvitae Tree
- Green giant arborvitae trees are popular in commercial as well as residential areas. They are large, dark green trees that grow in a cone shape. They can grow in various climates and handle strong winds, drought, and harsh weather.
American Tree Experts Inc is a professional tree pruning and nutrient management company. We look after your trees in the best way possible. Contact us at 973-774-6091 today and get a free quote for all your tree-related needs.