Table of Contents
Explore the cutting-edge tree removal equipment used by pros in the industry
Tree removal is a complex task that requires years of experience, careful planning, and execution. As a result, arborists undergo specialized tree care education and training, have proper certification, and are qualified to use various equipment to make the process efficient and safe. This article highlights the equipment professionals use and their role in tree removal.
- Tree removal requires excellent cutting tools, and one of them is a chainsaw. Whether attempting a DIY tree removal or hiring professional arborists for the project, the chainsaw is one of the essentials.
However, the chainsaws used by homeowners and professionals differ. Seasoned professionals use up-to-date and professional-grade equipment. Therefore, it is crucial to opt for companies with well-maintained and new equipment for efficient and safe execution of the task.
In addition to a chainsaw, an arborist’s tool kit also includes the following cutting equipment:
- Pole saws and hand saws
- Various axes and wedge
- Hedge trimmers
- Wood chippers
- Hand pruners
- Tree loppers
- Tree climbers are individuals responsible for climbing trees and performing pruning or removal work. They use a wide range of equipment, depending on personal preference. However, here are some of the essential equipment commonly used by all professional tree climbers:
Harness Or Saddle
- The climber’s harness is one of the essential pieces of equipment necessary for climbing a tree, regardless of the technique used. All other climbing gear is attached to the harness.
Work Positioning Lanyard
- It is a rope, usually with a steel core, attached to one side of the harness, wrapped around the tree’s trunk, and then fastened to the other side of the harness. It keeps the climber steady and secure while working.
- Also known as gaffs, climbing spurs are metal spikes attached to the climber’s boots. Spurs allow climbers to climb and move around the tree. However, they should only be used during tree removals because they leave small wounds on the tree trunk. Spur-less climbing techniques are usually used for pruning.
- Ropes are used to ascend and descend into the canopy. Additionally, they are used for rigging purposes, to lower and raise tools as required, and as a safety line.
- It is a tree pruning method that reduces the size of a tree while keeping it in the desired shape. Pruning is an effective way to make trees look tidier without causing harm to them. However, tree trimming equipment often overlaps with cutting equipment, including saw scabbards, pruners, wood chippers, landscaping tools, hatches, etc.
- Rigging tools are essential for climbing larger trees, safely bringing down large limbs to the ground, and getting other equipment into the tree canopy and back down.
Here are some of the examples of rigging tools used by professional tree removal companies:
- Blocks and pulleys
- Power pullers
These tools are critical for ensuring a safe working environment for the tree climber and the ground crew. With the help of these tools, arborists can safely remove large limbs and branches without causing damage to the surrounding property or risking their safety. Proper use of tree removal equipment and tools requires specialized training and expertise. Professional tree service providers have the knowledge and experience to use these tools safely.
For the most professional, safe, and affordable tree removal services, contact American Tree Experts Inc. We are one of the best tree pruning and removal services in Montclair, New Jersey. Contact us today at 973-774-6091 and book your consultation with our qualified arborists and specialists.