Table of Contents
Discover the 6 powerful benefits of using organic fertilizers to enhance your tree’s health
Organic fertilizers are produced from natural plant or animal materials. They are based on composted or manure sources. When soil organisms, such as beneficial bacteria and fungi, decompose the fertilizer pellets, the essential nutrients in organic fertilizers, including nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, are released. These microorganisms present in the soil are often referred to as soil life. Keep reading to learn how organic fertilizers can improve your tree’s health .
- Synthetic fertilizers are composed of carbon-free chemical molecules that are sometimes disruptive and inaccessible to microbes. In contrast, organic fertilizers are abundant in organic matter, helping microbes thrive.
In addition, organic fertilizers contain carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium within their chemical composition. It is this carbon, in combination with other elements, that nourishes and strengthens microbes, allowing them to naturally facilitate the availability of nutrients for plants through biological processes.
Enhanced Soil Aeration
- Applying natural fertilizers promotes an increase in microbiological activity within the soil. Organisms decompose organic fertilizers into humic and amino acids, which require oxygen and draw in air, promoting a more porous soil structure.
This combination results in the creation of a nutrient-rich, thriving soil with a good biodiversity. As a result, plants receive a sufficient supply of nutrients and moisture from the soil, leading to the cultivation of healthy crops with increased resistance to diseases and pests.
Improved Soil Fertility
- The decomposition of organic fertilizers enhances the core structure of the soil and boosts the soil’s capacity to retain water and essential nutrients over extended periods. The crops become healthier and stronger with consistent and appropriate utilization of organic fertilizers.
In contrast to synthetic fertilizers that only supply primary nutrients to plants, organic fertilizers also contain sufficient micronutrients like calcium, magnesium, zinc, sulfur, and copper.
Extended Nutrient Availability
- Another benefit associated with organic fertilizers is the gradual release of essential nutrients, such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, compared to the rapid release from chemical fertilizers.
This gradual nutrient supply occurs when bacteria decompose the fertilizer pellets to release nutrients. This gradual release increases nutrient availability, reducing the risk of nutrient leaching and root burning that can occur with excessive chemical fertilizers.
Safer for Human Consumption
- Organic fertilizers do not contain harmful chemicals, making the plants cultivated with them safer for human consumption. On the other hand, inorganic fertilizers may contain potentially hazardous chemicals like zinc, lead, chromium, cadmium, and arsenic.
These harmful substances can accumulate in greater concentrations within our bodies through a phenomenon known as bioaccumulation, potentially leading to the development of certain diseases.
- Organic fertilizers are less concentrated than synthetic fertilizers, making them significantly safer for application. These ecological and environmentally friendly fertilizers are naturally non-toxic. This makes them ideal for nurturing plants in various environments. In addition, their consistent utilization does not result in pollution. As a result, they offer a valuable contribution to a more sustainable and promising future.
Moreover, since organic fertilizers undergo gradual decomposition, they do not leach away when water is applied. They do not wash off with water, thus reducing the pollution of water bodies such as rivers and oceans. Certain Environmentally Friendly Fertilizers (EEFs) even absorb carbon dioxide during their production process to generate organic matter, effectively reducing the concentration of CO2, the most prevalent greenhouse gas. Furthermore, organic fertilizers contribute to a 30% increase in species biodiversity, fostering a healthier ecosystem.
Discover the difference with American Tree’s tailored nutrient solutions . Contact us today at (973) 744-6091 to access personalized organic and liquid injection fertilizers perfectly suited to fulfill your plants’ nutritional needs. We provide services in Montclair, New Jersey, and nearby areas. Let’s nurture your plants together.