Here are a few benefits of pruning trees directly from tree experts in New Jersey
Trees like humans require regular maintenance. If not trimmed and pruned, they can become wild and distorted. Pruning is the process of selectively trimming certain parts of the plant such as buds, branches, and spent flowers. Pruning ensures preventive maintenance of the tree. Regular pruning is not only good for the health and appearance of the plant but also protects other plants, people, and property from injury.
Pruning also prevents pest infestation. Let us take a look at the importance and benefits of pruning trees.
Why is Tree Pruning Necessary?
Improves The Health of The Tree
- All living things require care and maintenance. Pruning boosts the overall health of the tree. When certain parts of the tree don’t receive enough sunlight, they start to die. Pest infestation is another reason for the spread of diseases in the trees. The diseases and dead parts of the tree are removed during the pruning process. This not only prevents the spread of the disease but also allows a better distribution of nutrients to the healthy parts of the tree.
A well-pruned tree also allows greater circulation of air and more sun exposure. This promotes new growth, improves balance, and enhances the structural integrity of the tree.
Improves The Structure and Appearance of The Tree
- Regular trimming can take off the excess load from the trees. This is especially beneficial for young and developing trees as it helps them form a sturdier structure and well-shaped limbs. The overall appearance of the tree improves as well.
Overgrown trees give a wild appearance. The hanging branches can even make your home look like a haunted place and decrease the appeal of the property. Well-pruned trees not only look good but they make the nearby properties look sharp and proper as well.
Prevents Safety Hazards From Occurring
- A lot of trees are planted in residential areas. Sometimes trees are planted quite close to areas of common use such as garages, sheds, homes, driveways, and footpaths. Some homeowners even hang swings for kids on trees.
If these trees become too big and wild, they can present certain safety hazards. For e.g. overgrown branches can interfere with electric wires and start a fire. A weakened and overgrown tree limb can drop off during a storm and can crash over a home or some other structure. Likewise, a weakened tree limb may not be able to support the weight of a child on a swing and can come crashing down, causing massive injuries.
- Hence, pruning trees prevents safety hazards from taking place in the first place as high-risk branches are removed in the process.
Food Production Increases
- It is recommended to prune trees during the late months of winter so that the tree is ready to bear fruit during spring and summer. A well-pruned tree usually bears more fruit as there is a surplus of energy and nutrients to supply to the healthy fruit-bearing parts.
Brightens the Rooms
- Sometimes overgrown trees cast a gloomy shadow and block the entry of sunlight into your home. Pruning trees will allow more sunlight to enter your home and you can result in significant power and money-saving.
Give You An Unobstructed View
- Overgrown tree branches can get in the way of your windows, balconies, and skylights. They can obstruct the beautiful view of the outside. Regular pruning will give you an unobstructed view of the outside.
Tree pruning requires professional tree experts. American Tree Experts offer services for tree pruning in Montclair New Jersey and nearby areas. Call Us at (973) 744-6091 to get a free estimate of our services.